Wednesday 8 February 2012

Brighten Up...






I think you need to be a brave soul to infuse gale force colour into a home. It's a commitment, for sure - particularly if you're dealing with a wide palette. However, when it's done with confidence and total self-assuredness - when it's evolved and not just a token gesture - well, it simply makes the heart sing. I love these pics by Jonny Valiant for House Beautiful as they illustrate just how effective bright colour can be when used with commitment. Don't they make you want to paint or wallpaper your bathroom turquoise? Happy days....
p.s I do love the unruly looking flowering bush in the detail pic 4th from the top! It reminds me of a styling response that yours truly might infuse... Crazy, organic, reality.... Beautiful...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love to look at rooms like these, my problem is I so easily tire of too much colour. Therefore I tend to keep things fairly neutral.

Sandra Gale said...

What gorgeous colours. I am loving turquoise at the moment, I really want to use it in our bedroom. I agree the plants are gorgeous

Sara @ ZaharaDessert said...

This looks amazing. I totally agree with your thoughts on big colours in homes. Something I am still trying to get right in my home.

Jo @ In Corners of My Mind said...

I so desperately want colour in my home...but chicken out at the last moment...I'm about to try turquoise in our powder room... wish me luck!
Happy Wednesday!

ScAnDi CoAsT HoMe said...

I LoVe Picture 1 (lounge room)...
...so fresh...
..................................
Tania Maree xx

Emily (New York, NY) said...

I do love these photos but am also a HUGE fan of infusing color in your space. Very bright + beautiful